Mission Statement: The mission of C.L.A.S.P. is to provide a beyond school hours program for elementary age students in a safe environment in which children's social, emotional and physical development are enhanced through challenging, quality activities as a natural extension of their day. The program focuses on activities that have proven to be effective in improving academic skills, promoting physical and emotional well-being, and building self-esteem and social relationships.
C.L.A.S.P. Program: Cheltenham, Glenside, Myers, and Wyncote Elementary School programs operate from 7:00 a.m. until the start of class and from class dismissal until 6:30 p.m. every day the schools are open. Prompt pick-up is mandatory, (see late fee). Each elementary school houses its own program.
Elkins Park School: (school hours: arrival time 8:40 a.m., dismissal time 3:40 p.m.)
- The before-and-after school program offers child care services for grades 5 and grade 6 with a morning session opening at 7:00 a.m. and an afternoon session closing at 6:30 p.m.
- The C.L.A.S.P. location for Elkins Park School students is Cheltenham Elementary School.
In the morning, drop your child off at:
Cheltenham Elementary School
7853 Front Street
Cheltenham, PA 19012
C.L.A.S.P. office phone: 215-635-7423
C.L.A.S.P. cell phone: 267-421-3359
Elkins Park School students attending the morning session of C.L.A.S.P. at Cheltenham Elementary School will be transported to Elkins Park School by school bus for their school day. Elkins Park School students attending the afternoon session of C.L.A.S.P. will be transported by school bus to Cheltenham Elementary School for childcare services. You will pick-up your child from Cheltenham Elementary School no later than 6:30 p.m.
- SANDBOX is the software program used by C.L.A.S.P. staff, families, and authorized persons from your contacts
- Parent Portal Link: https://parentportal.runsandbox.com
- Your email address identifies your account. If you need to make a change, please email the administration office. You can not change the email address on your own.
- You will be prompted to create a 4-digit code to use as a safe, secure, quick way to sign in and sign out your child each day.
- You may have your designated person(s) for authorized pick-up create their own 4-digit code. This will identify the person that picked up your child. You will list such person(s) in your contacts and enter their email address, the email address is needed in order to generate the 4-digit code.
- It is highly recommended to use SANDBOX for remitting your monthly payment.
Registration is NOT complete until ALL items are received. Every field on the registration form must be complete. If the field does not apply, write NO or N/A)
- 20120-2021 Registration Form
- Emergency Contact & Parental Consent Listed
- Child Health Report - to be completed by your child's physician or a copy of your child's recent physical. C.L.A.S.P. requires a physical every 2 years. If the physical for your child expires during the school year, a new physical is required. (form available under resources)
- IEP (if applicable) - submit for review before your child starts.
- Registration fee* and 1st month's tuition
- Custody order (if applicable)
- The first payment for any student starting CLASP on August 26th is due no later that August 2, 2019. You will be emailed an invoice sometime before August 2nd. Going forward the monthly fee is due on the 20th of each month for the upcoming month.
If your child requires medication during the school day, you must upload the prescription or give to your child’s site director. It is mandatory to provide to C.L.A.S.P. staff the physician's prescription AND the medication in the original package. The staff must have this on the premise BEFORE your child participates. C.L.A.S.P. staff DO NOT have access to medication/nurse’s office before or after the school day.
IMPORTANT: You must present a picture ID on the first day that you pick-up your child from CLASP. Anyone that you designated to be an authorized person for pick-up MUST present a photo ID.
Tuition Payment and Program Policies
- If your child has an IEP (Individualized Education Plan), please submit for review before your child starts.
- Tuition is due by the 20th of each month prior to the month of service (e.g. October tuition is due by September 20th. If the 20th of the month falls on a weekend or holiday, payment is due on the next business day.
- Your account must have a $0 balance on the 1st of each month to attend.
- If your account has an unpaid balance on the 1st of the month, your child will be removed from the schedule and will be placed on the waitlist. If the program fills to capacity while on the waitlist, you will need to wait until space becomes available.
- Any family with CCIS subsidy - payment is due on a weekly basis so that your balance is $0 on the first of the month.
- To authorize the auto-pay option, you must acknowledge the statement for auto-pay, check the box "pay through SANDBOX" when you enter your financial information and email your authorization to the administration office, email@example.com.
- You must UPDATE/CHANGE your child's contracted days (increasing or decreasing) by email through the Administration Office. You will be contacted when these changes are approved.
- Late fee for child pick up, after the mandatory pick up time, is $5 per minute.
- Monthly tuition is determined by dividing the annual cost of your child's enrollment into 10 equal payments.
- Monthly tuition remains the same regardless of attendance, the number of school days in a particular month, or school closures due to inclement weather.
- There is a 10% family discount on each additional child concurrently enrolled in a family.
- There is a 20% employee discount for all children of employees of Cheltenham School District.
**It is extremely important to notify the office/staff active information to reach you during the day.
(O) 215-517-1311 (C) 267-784-5863
(O) 215-635-7423 (C) 267-421-3359
Glenside Elementary - Site Director
(O) 215-886-6819 (C) 267-421-3358
Myers Elementary - Site Director
(O) 215-517-4564 (C) 267-421-3354
Wyncote Elementary - Site Director
(O) 215-8816859 (C) 215-480-4702
GET IN TOUCH
Cheltenham School District
2000 Ashbourne Road
Elkins Park, PA 19027