Superintendent's Goals - 2021-22
Strategic Planning | The superintendent shall work collaboratively with district stakeholders to execute a shared vision and mission for the district grounded in student success. Further, the superintendent will consistently make decisions aligned with that vision and mission. The superintendent will ensure the completion of the district’s strategic plan by August of 2022.
Priority Goals 1: Develop the Strategic Plan
- Collaborate with board leadership to identify a vendor/consultant to assist with the strategic planning process in February, 2022.
- Collaborate with board leadership to form a Strategic Planning Committee in March, 2022.
- Publicly present a plan for the strategic plan in April, 2022.
- Make progress towards being able to present a finalized strategic plan to the board and community by the end of 2022.
Operations and Financial Management | The superintendent shall effectively manage the district financially, ensuring completion of activities associated with the annual budget; managing facilities and student enrollment trends; overseeing distribution of resources in support of district priorities; and directing overall operational activities within the district.
Priority Goal 1: Transition a new business administrator into their role.
- Develop short- and long-range goals with the business administrator to ensure the appropriate implementation of the SY 2021-2022 budget and the appropriate development of the SY 2022-2023 budget and their alignment with the Strategic Plan.
Priority Goal 2: Work collaboratively with the business administrator and director of facilities to successfully accomplish financial and budgetary priorities, including meeting all timelines associated with the annual budget.
- Develop a multi-year capital plan in conjunction with the director of facilities and business administrator.
- Propose strategies for increasing revenue and decreasing expenditures.
- Develop and pass a budget which:
- is below Act 1 index and
- increases the district’s uncommitted fund balance.
Priority Goal 3: Collective Bargaining
- Provide the board with supporting documentation and guidance in negotiating collective bargaining agreements that meet the district’s programmatic needs while simultaneously recognizing the district’s fiscal realities.
Student Academic Growth and Achievement | The superintendent shall work collaboratively with district administrators, teachers, and support staff to create a culture of teaching and learning with an emphasis on continuous school improvement by ensuring the implementation of best practices for curriculum, instruction, assessment, data analysis, interventions, and staff professional growth. There shall be a focus on student engagement. Multiple data sources shall be used to assess student success and growth, as no singular definition of “success” exists. Such data sources may include PSSA and Keystone Exam performance, student growth as measured by PVAAS (once reactivated), Advanced Placement (AP) data, ACT and SAT data, progress toward IEP goals, and any other measures jointly deemed appropriate.
Priority Goal 1: Implementation of School Improvement Plans
- Finalize school improvement plans for 2021-2022 by January 31, 2022.
- Analyze disaggregated student achievement and growth data, coupled with repeated site visits and conversations with school staff members, to determine root causes of weaknesses and strategies for improvement.
- Provide quarterly updates on progress to the board and community.
- Achieve a 5% increase in student achievement as measured by the district’s internal benchmark exams, comparing data from the beginning of the school year with the end of the school year.
Health and Safety | The superintendent shall protect the physical and mental health and safety of students, staff, and faculty within the district.
Priority Goal 1: Adapting to COVID-19
- Provide communication with the board and district community regarding the evolving impact of COVID-19 on district operations.
- Keep the COVID dashboard up to date with current (weekly) district COVID statistics.
- Maintain a health and safety plan which reflects the current understanding of COVID-19.
Priority Goal 2: Climate and Culture
- Collect qualitative and quantitative data to assist with accessing our preK-12 school climate and culture, which will include but not be limited to the following:
- Promoting a supportive academic, disciplinary and physical environment;
- Maintaining respectful, trusting, and caring relationships throughout the school community no matter the setting