One of Cheltenham Township's greatest resources is its public library system, with branches in East Cheltenham, Elkins Park, Glenside, and LaMott. Throughout the summer, the libraries host many engaging and enriching programs specifically geared towards teens. While Cedarbrook now has its own lending library once again, the learning commons staff encourages all students to visit their local branches as often as possible.If a student is without a library card, they can apply for one in the following ways:
- Persons ages 14 and older may apply for a card themselves at any Cheltenham library location. Persons under 14 need a parent or guardian’s signature on the application.
- Valid photo identification showing the student's name and current address is required. Current school identification may be used for high school students under the age of 18 (card will be mailed).
Our goal is for each Cedarbrook student to have a library card by the end of our first quarter. To support that, public librarians and CSD librarians will be teaming up to do run application drives at various community events, such as the CDSF Food Truck Jamboree and Cedarbrook back-to-school night. Please contact Jeff Hopkins at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- This service is available to Cheltenham Township residents only.
- Download and complete a library card application.
- Email the completed application to the library here. Applicants must provide an e-mail address and accept the statement of responsibility.
- An e-mail will be sent within 3 days with your library card barcode number and the actual card will be mailed to you. If the library is unable to verify your address through the mail, the in-person procedure must be followed.