Free & Reduced Meals

  • Free and reduced meals are available for students who qualify.

    Click here to apply for free or reduced meals.

    • You can apply for free or reduced meals via
    • Please note that the application is good for the current school year and the first 30 operating days of the following school year – so you must complete the Free and Reduced Price School Meals Application every year. 
    • You may apply at any time during the school year. For example, children with a parent or guardian who becomes unemployed may become eligible for free and reduced price meals if the household income drops below the income limit.

    Who Qualifies for Free and Reduced Meals?

    • Children can get free and reduced meals if your household’s gross income is within the limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines.
    • All children in households receiving benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) can get free meals regardless of your income. This includes children living in the household who do not receive SNAP or TANF.
    • Children in households participating in The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) may be eligible for free or reduced price meals.
    • Foster children who are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals, regardless of income, and should be included on a household application. They are no longer considered a household of one.
    • For further questions please contact Melissa Akerley at (215)-881-6341 or

    Frequently Asked Questions about the Application

    • WHO SHOULD I INCLUDE AS MEMBERS OF MY HOUSEHOLD? You must include all people living in your household, related or not, who share income and expenses.
    • MAY I APPLY IF SOMEONE IN MY HOUSEHOLD IS NOT A U.S. CITIZEN? Yes. You or your child(ren) do not have to be U.S. citizens to qualify for free or reduced price meals.
    • WHAT IF MY INCOME IS NOT ALWAYS THE SAME? List the amount that you normally receive. For example, if you normally make $1000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only made $900, put down that you make $1000 per month. If you normally get overtime, include it, but do not include it if you only work overtime sometimes. If you have lost a job or had your hours or wages reduced, use your current income.
    • WE ARE IN THE MILITARY. DO WE INCLUDE OUR HOUSING ALLOWANCE AS INCOME? If you get an off base housing allowance, it must be included as income. However, if your housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income.
    • MY SPOUSE IS DEPLOYED TO A COMBAT ZONE, IS HER COMBAT PAY COUNTED AS INCOME? No, if the combat pay is received in addition to her basic pay because of her deployment and it wasn’t received before she was deployed, combat pay is not counted as income.
    • WILL THE INFORMATION I GIVE BE CHECKED? Yes. We may also ask you to supply written proof.
    • WHAT IF I DISAGREE WITH THE DISTRICT’S DECISION ABOUT MY APPLICATION? You may ask for a hearing by writing to: Josh Sweigard, Business Manager, 2000 Ashbourne Road, Elkins Park, PA 19027, or by calling (215) 886-9076, or via email at

Contact Information

Vanessa Kukulski
General Manager
Assistant Manager
Keanon Lewis
Chef Manager
215-517-3700 x5070