Facility Master Plan Overview
The Cheltenham School District is in the midst of a long-term program to modernize educational facilities. This is demonstrated by a number of recent major projects, including the construction of new buildings for Cheltenham, Glenside, and Wyncote Elementary Schools; the renovation of Myers Elementary School; and the rebuild of Cedarbrook Middle School.
The study entailed a review of existing conditions, building capacities, delivery of educational programs, and operations protocols to produce a series of repair, renovation, and new construction concepts, with the following sites included in the process:
- Cheltenham Elementary School
- Glenside Elementary School
- Myers Elementary School
- Wyncote Elementary School Focus
- Elkins Park School
- Cedarbrook MS
- Cheltenham High School
- Administration Building
Existing facilities were evaluated and long-term options developed in support of the following goals:
- Provide environments that are suited to support your 21st century educational program
- Establish an equal standard of quality across all district buildings
- Identify strategies to reduce district operating costs
- Assure optimal long-term facility functionality.
The projected options, cost figures, schedules, and recommendations presented in this report will be further reviewed, evaluated and discussed by the administration and school board to develop a course of action. We invite you to review the full Facility Master Plan document and to attend monthly Facilities Committee meetings to stay updated on all matters related to the plan.